Pure Molybdenum rods for electrode
Products Name: Molybdenum rods
Nature: Single metal
Physical properties: high melting point, good thermal conductivity
Chemical properties: resistance to oxidation
Production process: forming, sintering, pendant forging, machining
Surface: Sintered molybdenum rods with a silvery grey metallic lustre
Introduction to molybdenum rods
Molybdenum rods have a high melting point, good thermal conductivity and low thermal expansion properties. At high temperatures, they can resist oxidation and have high strength. Molybdenum rods can be used in the manufacture of electric vacuum devices and electric light source components, as well as high temperature heat emitters and high temperature structural components, electrodes, etc.
Production and processing processes: forming, sintering, pendant forging, machining.
Classification of molybdenum rods
Classification by material
①Pure molybdenum rods: molybdenum content greater than 99.95%.
②High temperature molybdenum rods (molybdenum-lanthanum alloy rods): containing 0.4~1.2% lanthanum, molybdenum content is the residual amount except impurities.
③TZM molybdenum rods: 0.4~0.6Ti, 0.07~0.12Zr, 0.01~0.05C.
Classification by surface condition
①Sintered molybdenum rods: silver grey metallic lustre on the surface.
②Wrought molybdenum rods: with a layer of oxide on the surface and a black surface.
③Turned molybdenum rods: metallic lustre on the surface, flat and rough.
④Brushed molybdenum rods: silvery grey metallic lustre with a smooth surface and small dimensional errors.
Surface oxide removal methods
- Molybdenum products have a tendency to oxidise. To remove heavy oxides, treat with strong acids (fluoric acid, nitric acid, hydrochloric acid, etc.) and take care when handling.
- For light oxidation use a cleaning agent with abrasives, wipe with a soft cloth or sponge, etc., and then wash with warm water.
- Washed molybdenum products will lose their metallic lustre, please take care.
Packaging of molybdenum rods
The molybdenum rods need to be packed individually in PE pearl wool material in a suitable wooden box that must be filled with excess space to prevent vibrations from occurring in transit and damaging the product.
Applications of molybdenum rods
①For the manufacture of electric vacuum devices and electric light source parts.
② Suitable for processing ion implantation type parts.
③Used as high temperature heat generators and high temperature structural parts.
④Used as an electrode for furnaces in the glass and refractory fibre industries, working in molten glass at 1300°C with a long life.
⑤Used as an electrode in the rare earth industry.
Tungsten Carbide Products
- Ground Solid Tungsten Carbide Rods
- Unground Solid Tungsten Carbide Rods
- Tungsten Carbide Rods Single Hole
- Tungsten Carbide Rods Double Holes
- Nonstandard Tungsten Carbide Rods
- Tungsten Carbide Bars And Strips
- Tungsten Carbide Plates
- Customized Tungsten Carbide Products
- Tungsten Carbide Burr Blank
- Pure Tungsten & Tungsten alloy Weights
- Tungsten Carbide Studs for HPGR Rolls
- Copper Tungsten Products
- Tungsten Carbide Bearing Ball